We are not comfortable just being the leader.
Nebraska Book Company continues to change and respond
to the marketplace. We are innovators who set our own benchmarks for accomplishment
and progress. We envision a future that includes, among other things:
- Collaborative e-commerce solutions leveraging the bookstore
- Partnerships that tie college bookstores, students and consumer products companies together
- Innovative store fronts designed to meet the needs of today's college student
- Cutting-edge technology solutions to improve operations and the delivery of textbooks.
To be the best at what we do—not just now but
also in the future—we must have a strong vision for what we want
to achieve that guides us as we achieve it:
- We are dedicated to keeping the independent bookstore strong.
- We are obsessed with measurement—it defines the difference between
where we are and where we want to be.
- We thrive on change and are willing to take reasonable risks to generate innovation.
- We understand that our employees are the backbone of our company.
- We appreciate and encourage individuality.
- We believe in guarded optimism—we are excited about the future,
yet we never underestimate the obstacles that may potentially stand
in our way.
- We are fundamentally results-driven—the bottom line is getting the job done right.
Our Textbook Division serves 2,500 college bookstores.
Our College Bookstore Division serves
1.5 million students. Our Complementary Services Division assists 1,600
bookstores or universities. In total we touch 80 percent of the college
Great companies are built with great employees, and
we have the most experienced staff in the industry. Our full-time or permanent
part-time people number more than 2,000. Our 100 most seasoned employees
average more than 25 years of service with our company. Thanks, in part,
to them, we feel we do a great job of serving the industry. But donít
just take our word for it. A Gallup Poll of more than 500 bookstore managers
around the country rated our Textbook Division staff as the best in every
At Nebraska Book Company, it is our mission to:
- Be the best source of products and services for the college bookstore industry
- Develop and motivate our employees to be the best
- Provide our bookstore customers with world-class service
- Provide an acceptable rate of growth and return on investment to our shareholders
- Live up to our promise of being our customersí Complete Connection